About Expert Tuition
Established in 2012, our gifted tutors have helped hundreds of students succeed in public examinations, gain entry to prestigious schools and universities, and ultimately embark on successful careers in their chosen field.
We believe that every child has the potential to excel academically. Our expert private tuition provides a powerful support structure that enables students of all ages to achieve their academic objectives. And secure the successful results they deserve.
Private tuition – whether in-person or online – helps students to increase their knowledge and understanding of their chosen subjects. And to successfully present their knowledge in exams, so they can achieve top grades. Most importantly, private tuition helps students to develop the personal and academic confidence and resilience required to succeed. Not just in the exam room, but in life.
Expert Tuition – Your First Choice For Private Tuition
Here are 4 reasons why parents consistently choose Expert Tuition for private one-to-one tutoring for their children:
- Our solid commitment to helping your child reach their full academic potential. We do this by carefully matching your child’s specific educational needs to the very best tutors.
- The quality of our tutors and matching process. Every Expert Tuition tutor is rigorously interviewed to ensure they meet our selective and high-quality teaching standards. We also conduct thorough background checks on all our tutors. Since we observe our tutors during lessons, we can best match their style of teaching to the appropriate student.
- The responsibility we place upon our tutors: we expect our tutors to have extensive knowledge of their subjects. And to teach this material in depth, giving their students the best chance of exam success.
- We emphasise the importance of building self-confidence and self-esteem in all our students. At its most effective, private mentoring and private tutoring helps raise students’ expectations of themselves. It also gives students the confidence to deal with and overcome both academic and life challenges.
Private Tuition Benefits All Students
A common misconception is that tuition is exclusively for students who have fallen behind or are struggling at school. However, we help students from across the academic spectrum to excel in their subjects and fulfil their true academic potential, irrespective of their academic background.
All students can benefit from private tuition:
- Preparing for public exams – Our tutors have in-depth knowledge of all syllabi. And they have access to past exam papers for each subject. In addition, our tutors teach specific exam-taking techniques, ensuring that all students are fully prepared to succeed on exam day – calmly and effectively.
- Developing academic confidence and resilience – We have consistently seen how our private tuition has increased our students’ confidence – in daily life as well as in the classroom. We place strong emphasis on the psychology of tuition, with the result that our tutors are consciously and sub-consciously boosting their students’ academic confidence.
- Catching up – Today’s pressurised school system means that some students inevitably fall behind in class. Especially so with the lower ratio of teacher to students. Our tutors can help plug any gaps in knowledge and ensure students feel confident and up to speed in their school lessons.
- Stretching gifted students – Students with a talent for certain subjects thrive on the opportunity to discuss their passion with experts. To be challenged academically is intellectually stimulating and helps to nourish the student’s interest and gifts. Competition for top school and university places is so fierce – even for gifted students – that it is essential they are able to transfer their knowledge into the best grades. Our focus on teaching effective exam techniques is therefore of vital importance.
- Re-aligning academic expectations – We often hear that students have been told they are ‘incapable’ of achieving a certain result or that they should be ‘more realistic’. Our experience suggests that as long as students are given effective support and apply themselves, there is no limit to their potential success.
It is not uncommon for students to dramatically transform their grades within a year and surpass all expectations. Our tutors are trained to teach and inspire, so that they can raise their student’s academic expectations.
We believe in the maxim: “It is better to aim high and miss, than to aim low and hit.”
- Home Schooling – we support students, both in the UK and worldwide, who would like to be home schooled. For further details, please click here.
How We Select Our Tutors
We take great care to ensure that we only work with outstanding tutors who share our educational vision and philosophy. In our experience, an impressive CV does not always equate to an excellent tutor. So we apply a rigorous selection procedure to ensure that every Expert Tuition tutor is of the highest calibre.
Once tutors submit their applications, our recruiters assess their suitability based on academic performance, teaching experience and the quality of their written application.
The face-to-face interview is the most important phase of the selection process. We ask all prospective tutors to prepare a lesson segment in their chosen subject. We then conduct a role-play interview where the applicant’s tutoring performance determines their suitability. Tutors must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of their subject, and are also assessed on the following criteria:
- Ability to break down complex concepts
- Ability to involve students throughout the session
- Ability to instil academic confidence in the student
Very few tutors meet our high standards and we only hire the crème-de-la-crème. Occasionally, we find that a tutor is talented but needs more experience and guidance before reaching Expert Tuition’s high standards. To that end, we work with prospective tutors on a one-to-one basis to help them reach the required level. This involves in-depth feedback and a detailed one-to-one training seminars to hone their talent. Those candidates then take another role-play interview.
We only hire tutors once we are certain they can deliver to Expert Tuition’s standards, and adhere to our educational philosophy. In some cases, tutors have gone through six rounds of interviews before we accept them.
We respect our duty of care and responsibility to our clients, and feel our rigorous selection procedures are essential to ensure that only the very best tutors are assigned to your child.
How We Train Our Tutors
We have learnt after years of teaching that there are fundamental universal truths that apply to outstanding tuition. Our training programme seeks to instil these truths within all our tutors. How? The programme, created by co-founder Ahmed Alaskary, is the product of over a decade of personal tutoring experience, as well as academic research into human interaction and behaviour. We believe that an exceptional tutor not only has a thorough knowledge of their subject, but that they are also capable of profoundly inspiring their students. The result is a positive impact on their students’ academic and private lives.
This specialist tutor training explores the importance of involving students throughout sessions. And teaches techniques designed to increase academic confidence and the psychology of tuition. Most of the training is conducted on a one-to-one basis. This ensures the needs of the student are well matched with the tutor’s skill set.